Monday, August 24, 2009

My Own Engagement Photos!

One night, while away at college, a friend & I decided to jump into a chat room to goof off and cause trouble to "weird people looking for love on the internet". Little did I know....love was about to find me!

JunaRaePhoto and SDF4577 started chatting - innocently. "Where in Maine are you from?" SDF4577 told JunaRaePhoto about his broken road of love and timing. JunaRaePhoto told SDF4577 about college and her unhealthy relationship. Soon SDF4577 and JunaRaePhoto became Scott and Juna Rae.

We talked about love, family, interests, hobbies, dreams, and goals. Scott would play guitar and sing on web cam. They began looking forward to talking to each other and Scott would "virtually" Cuddle with his Snuggle Bug Juna Rae.

I really needed models for school, and on more then one occassion Scott offered. At first the idea of meeting someone from the internet seemed CRAZY to me, dangerous in fact. Something Mom definitely would frown upon. However, several discussion into it we realized that Rachel (Scott's Mother) and Pat (Juna's Mother's Best Friend's Mom) were in the same play. What a small world, I thought, ...he must be a safe guy. So I finally took him up on his offer.

Scott took the drive to Massachusetts to model for my portfolio. I was very grateful and called to thank him. His 2 hour drive home to log on to AIM felt like an eternity because I KNEW I had to see him again.

We began making regular visits to see each other and had a blast. We would go to the West Haven Beach and cuddle, or for walks around New Haven & Turners Falls. However in a few short months I graduated and returned home to Maine.

No longer within arms reach of each other, we realized if we were going to get to know each other one of us were going to have to make a sacrafice and move. So in August 2005, I packed a bag for a long weekend planning to go to a job interview. I got the job and never returned home. Over the next several years we fell in love and here we are today.....

Together, with our parents, we Scott Davis Ferguson and Juna Rae Cornforth (both of Wallingford, CT) would like to announce that we are tying the knot! Mr. Bruce Cornforth of Waterville, ME and Mrs. Denise McLain of Hermon, ME, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Juna Cornforth to Scott Ferguson, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Ferguson of Bangor, ME. We are planning an October 2010 wedding.

Juna is a 2005 graduate of the prestigious Hallmark Institute of Photography where she mastered the Art and Business of Portrait and Commercial Photography. Juna is a self-employed Professional Portrait and Wedding photographer in Wallingford, CT. Scott is a 1999 graduate of the University of New Haven where he earned a B.A. in Music Industry. Scott is a Property Manager at Taft Apartments in New Haven, CT.






No comments: